Customized training and professional development
At Clackamas Community College, we mean business. Our customized training and professional development opportunities will boost employee performance as well as increase job satisfaction and retention.
Our experienced project managers can create professional training solutions for your business. We partner with qualified experts in the industry to design courses that reflect the unique requirements of your industry and host classes on a schedule and at a location that’s convenient to you.
Upcoming training options (noncredit)
Personal Care Assistant
- Two-week (56-hour) program.
- Employers, county and state agencies now have access to an affordable and efficient Personal Care Assistant (PCA) certification program provided by Clackamas Community College. Participants learn basic care-giving skills that will benefit new and incumbent, non-licensed home care providers and care-givers in long-term and residential care communities. Training includes nursing assistant skills, customer service, communication skills, professional standards, memory care and home management skills. Upon completion, participants will receive a State of Oregon recognized non-credit training certificate.
- Training is facilitated by a registered nurse.
- Through this training, participants will meet the requirements for HB 3359 Pre-Service 6-hour dementia care.
Emerging Leaders Series
This course will address the skills a new leader needs to transition from being an independent contributor to leading others. The program will support new leaders in their roles and will prepare them for more advanced leadership training. Participants will explore concepts such as adjusting to a leadership role, interaction with people of various personalities, effective communication, conflict resolution, goal setting and time management.
This training is focused on new leaders and their transition into multiple roles as leaders, mentors, problem-solvers, and trainers. Empower the leaders in your company to develop their professional skills, learn to manage others, oversee projects and streamline business processes.
Upcoming training options for college credit
Saturdays, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., 18 sessions over a 10-month period; Oregon City campus. $3,150/person
The Saturday Leadership Academy provides leaders with the opportunity to learn and practice interpersonal skills that they can use every day. It combines classroom and online learning, practice and the support of a workplace mentor. Over the past ten years, hundreds of employees have completed the Leadership Academy. Many have gone on to make significant contributions to their organizations and experience personal and professional growth.
Training includes topics such as:
- Your leadership journey
- Communicating for leadership success
- >Making the most of workplace differences
- Adaptive leadership
- Building and sustaining trust
- Coaching for peak performance
- Resolving workplace conflict
- Maximizing team performance
- Strategies for influencing others
- Making meetings work
- Training others
- Delegating with purpose
- Setting goals and reviewing results
- Making high quality decisions
- Developing yourself and others
- Addressing poor performance
- Driving change
- In-class capstone presentations
Our scheduled trainings include some of our most popular offerings, but you can always design your own! Work with our team to customize training for your business to fit your needs.
The Customized Training advantage
- All trainings meet college-level quality standards.
- We can facilitate classes at your site or provide train-the-trainer services to support your training staff.
- Topics are limitless. Some popular subject areas include:
- Blueprint reading
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- CNC setup and operation
- Shop math
- Conflict management
- Microsoft Office suite
- Customer service